Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Nauseous, hot flushes, head spins, can't eat... either I am pregnant or it's post grand final weekend!

Up for alittle lawn social, abit of coffee klatch, a soiree, a shindig... a hullaboloo... ok I think I made that one up. We all have a bender or two, but I appreciate the fact the boys accept the palpability we just might not make it back out functioning from this particular fiesta. You go, we go!

'97's' last minute try brought about 'the barley pop shower'.. D-train, acknowledge I said suds not bourbon. New carpet followed the week later.

'99'.. Does anyone remember it? I still envisage the dragons won..."Oh look he's holding his breath.. oh wait, no that's right...drunk people can't swim, shit he's drowning!"

'02' saw Wood Park leafless au-nateral sprints, also who did my belt up? Briggsy? - that could have easily been a discomforting death...

'03' was the disappearing act of the century, great stratagem boys!...Sorry but it's un-Australian to have a wedding on GF day!

'04' Concluded with the grandstand being burnt down...We have fire!...Timmo enjoyed dressing up as a girl alittle too much. Jabber, mate, you looked like a mistress on riods, you scared me!

'05' Our team won...I can say no more about this night! I said no more!

It's no secret this day comes with it's fair share of mortification. It's unwritten law to now allow for a day of suffering to follow. I am not a religious customer, yet seem to always find myself petitioning to the man upstairs to give me a one way ticket...

It's two days on and doing the rounds I don't know how many have said "I am never doing that again! I'm taking a break!" It's another post GF tradition.. Dave has even taken up Detox. Yeah, yeah, you all sound like my man Bradshaw with his after school specials. Alright, ' night mate', I'll still see you all next year, well played!
I enjoy when Mrs Hutcho gave us cheese and crackers when we watched the footy.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: