Wednesday, January 31, 2007

"Scgoin mate?".... "Where the bloody hell are ya?"

"Scgoin mate?".... I said "Scgoin mate?" Don't know what I'm saying? You must be from Sydney!

The central coast may only be two hours outside of Sydney, but like inhabitants in the east, they too have their bubble world. People must be busy as a one armed brick layer in Baghdad as they have had to overcrowd what would customarily be a four word sentence into just one word. To epitomise, "Scgoin" is what you and I would know as "How are you going". It's quick, it's easy, I'm all over it.


In Gwandalan, it's all about the bowling club! Pronto, the whole room dog eye you as you infiltrate the parimeter, this could be the fact your the only person under 64... which makes for an easy pick up, score!
Seriously, most people are so old if they ordered a three minute egg you would ask for the money up front. It's like being in a instalment of Cheers, everyone knows everyone. I was only in there for two minutes before Barry proclaimed " Your from Sydney, I know everyone in this town but I don't know you!" Ten minutes later we were sharing a table watching the footy together. One thing I notice about old men, they are fond of giving advice to console themselves for being no longer in a position to give bad examples.

What's my point, visit the central coast today, goodtimes.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: