Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The elderly in the east just don't bake?

It appears my apprehension was amiss!

You see my apartment shares the same floor as two delightful doddering ladies. My theorization was that we would have that type of relationship where they would enthusiasticly listen for my return from work to surprise me with a home cooked pie or perhaps meatloaf ( Does anyone even make that anymore? ).

It would listen to their old stories and rants, maybe peek over some pictures, then BAM.. pretty soon they are offering to clean your place while your at work, better yet you have a caterer for your shindig with friends on friday...but zero, zilch, zip, zippo, zot! Just where have I gone wrong?

The fact that Old Woman A's bedroom wall also shares our bedroom wall presumptively does not help.... I'm talking about where the magic happens! No really, I got a do it yourself magic kit, I do atleast one act for Karren before we go to sleep.

But come on... it's 4 months in and not even one scone. I'm a loveable character... eh, well, enough to earn one scone atleast...so I am taking it the elderly in the east just don't bake?.. Like Peter Russell Clarke said, 'Where's the cheese?" I so confused, much like this guy ( view pic )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: